Powderhorn Uphill Access Policy
Uphill access by means of skinning, snowshoeing and hiking is allowed at Powderhorn. The ski area welcomes and supports individuals seeking to exercise and enjoy the quiet mountain setting. All uphill travel is done at each individual’s own risk. Mountain users can help preserve this opportunity by following these simple guidelines:
1. You are required to have a complimentary uphill access ticket. This ticket is available at the Powderhorn Ticket Office during normal operational hours.
2. You are considered a skier and you must abide by the “Skier’s Responsibility Code.”
3. During operation hours, uphill access is restricted to the downhill skier’s right (uphill skier’s left) of Bill’s Run, Red Eye, Lower Greenhorn, Wonderbump, Lower Dude, and Tenderfoot. You must ensure that you are visible to downhill traffic at all times.
4. The mountain may be closed to uphill access when avalanche control, snowmaking, race training, or other special activities are taking place.
5. Ski Patrol clears the mountain of all guests and employees at the end of operating hours every day. If you are on the mountain at this time you will be advised that the area is closed and there will be no further ski patrol assistance.
6. Users accessing the mountain outside of normal operating hours do so at their own risk. Operational conditions may be variable including, but not limited to: closures removed for grooming operations, unfinished grooming activities, and limited visibility.
7. Uphill users are warned that snowmobiles, snowmaking equipment, snow grooming, winch cat cables and other equipment may be encountered at any time on the Mountain and you are responsible to stay clear of such equipment.
8. Entering closed terrain is prohibited. It is the user’s responsibility to know what is open or closed.
9. Terrain Parks are closed outside operational hours.
10. Dogs are not allowed on the mountain, leashed or unleashed, from November 15 through April 30.
11. Sledding is not permitted on any part of the mountain at any time.