2019 Sunday Scramble Race Series
The Sunday Scramble Race Series is back for its 4th year! The Sunday Scramble Race Series consists of 4 races throughout the summer at the Powderhorn Bike Park. This year, race formats will consist of GRAVITY EVENTS ONLY! The Sunday Scramble Race Series is open to all ability levels and ages!
Join Powderhorn on Saturday nights before the races for free camping, live music, games, and more!
The Sunday Scramble Race Series is brought to you by these sponsors:
Race Dates & Formats:
Early Registration: $25 Per race
Day of Registration: $35 Per Race
Racers with the top 3 scores in each category at the end of the series will win CASH PRIZES!
- The top 10 racers in each racing category will be given points based on their position finished. Points go towards their series total. 1st place - 10 points, 2nd place - 9 points, 3rd place -8 points...... 9th place - 2 points, 10th place - 1 point.
- In the event of a tie, the tiebreaker will be based on the fastest combined time in Race #4
- If a participant competes in all four races, the race with the worst finish will be dropped.
- Participants must race in the same category throughout the series in order to qualify for the overall podium.
Rules & Guidelines:
- Racers will be allowed to preride the course one hour before the race
Have fun & be nice! This is a family-friendly race series designed to include all ages and ability levels of riders. Help Powderhorn include and welcome all riders!
- Helmets are mandatory
- No course cutting, anyone seen cutting will be automatically disqualified and have lift pass revoked with no refunds
- Re-runs will not be given for flats, mechanical issues, or crashes. Re-runs may be given to individuals who assist an injured rider on course at the discretion of race officials.
Participants must race in at least 3 of the 4 races to qualify for overall series prizes
- Participants must race in Race #4, to qualify for overall series prizes
- No E-Bikes
Winners of the 2017 Colorado Backcountry Biker Sunday Scramble Race Series
Last-minute prep at the top of Blue Ribbon